Bigger than life, the militant and syndicalist path trodden by Valéro took him from the struggles in support of Indochinese independence to that of Algeria. From 1954 to 1956, he was also to play a pivotal role in the North African Libertarian Movement (MLNA)
Among the last of the well-known MLNA militants of the ‘50s, Léandre Valéro, died in Auxerre , France, on the 21st of August.
Son of an Andalusian anarchist, Léandre was born in the town of Oran, Algeria, on the 12th of October 1923. He owed to his multiple origins the ability to speak Spanish, Arabic and French, all as fluently.
- Editorial – Zabalaza Anarchist Communist Front
- Take Back What’s Yours: the Mine-Line Occupation –Shawn Hattingh (ZACF)
- Andries Tatane: Murdered by the Ruling Classes – Shawn Hattingh (ZACF)
- Build a Better Workers’ Movement: Learning from South Africa’s 2010 Mass Strike – Lucien van der Walt and Ian Bekker
- Egypt, “Transition in Order” and a Revolutionary Situation still open – José Antonio Gutiérrez D.
- Without Bosses: the Process of Recovering Companies by their Workers in Argentina, 2001-2009 – Red Libertaria de Buenos Aires
- Picking Up the Slack in Waste Collection and Ecological Protection: the Struggle of Recyclable Waste Pickers in Uruguay and Brazil – Jonathan Payn (ZACF)
- Anarchism in Tunisia: Nicolò (Nicolantonio) Converti, 1855-1939
- Why May Day Matters: History with Anarchist Roots – Sian Byrne (ZACF), Warren McGregor (ZACF) and Lucien van der Walt
- The Spanish Revolution: A New World in their Hearts – 19th of July: Celebrating the 75th Anniversary of the start of the Spanish Revolution
- What Anarchism and Syndicalism offer the South African Left – Lucien van der Walt
- Organisational Dualism, Active Minority and the discussion between ‘Party’ and ‘Mass Movement’ – Anarchist Federation of Rio de Janeiro
- Worker Co-operatives, Markets and the South African State: an Analysis from an Anarchist Perspective – Oliver Nathan (ZACF)
- Kicker Conspiracy: How football fell foul of the State – Interview with Gabriel Kuhn
Welcome to the new Zabalaza website. As folks might have noticed, the old Zabalaza site has had a problem with the navigation buttons for a while. We are now slowly starting to rebuild the site using new software.
However, due to a severe lack of time, its going to be a while before we migrate the whole of the old site to this one, so please bear with us.
We are also in the process of sorting out the registration of the domain name for the new site, therefore we would like to ask our sister organisations not to change their links to the current URL of the new site as this means you will have to do it again when we change Zabalaza.net to point to it.
Your Zabalaza.Net tech crew
New pamphlet published with a collection of essays analysing feminism and sexism within the anarchist movement
This pamphlet is published on the 8th of March 2011 (International Women’s Day) to commemorate the struggles against oppression waged by women everywhere. It is published in the hope that these texts will spark much needed debate and sorely-needed change within us as individuals and within the anarchist movement.
- The PDF pamphlet can be downloaded here